Last night I completed the Ultimate Reset from Beachbody. There is so much to say that I don’t even know where to start or what to include in this post! I will start by saying that I did not do this program for weight loss. In fact, I thought that I would possibly lose a few pounds but that would be it. I did this program because one, I am a Beachbody coach and am always open to trying out the products so that I can give my clients an honest review of the programs and two, I wanted to detoxify my body and “reset” it. I wanted to go through all of the ups and downs so that I am better able to help my clients through it.
I am not going to go over the exact numbers because they are in previous posts, but in the first week alone I lost a good amount of weight. Now, 21 days through, I lost a total of 13 pounds! I started the Reset at 132 pounds and am now weighing in at 119.4. I haven’t been under 120 in over eight years, so that in itself is incredible! My stomach shrunk significantly, I slept much better, and my energy levels were much higher.
I’m sure there is no explanation needed, but the two photos on the left are on day 1 of the Reset and the two on the right are day 21 of the Reset. These photos are un-retouched aside from the cropping and text.
What was the hardest thing about the Ultimate Reset?
- The hardest thing, without a doubt, was cooking for my family. I have two young children (3 and 2) and my husband. Those with children know how picky they can be at times so not only was I cooking three meals a day for them, plus snacks, I was also cooking additional meals on the days when they didn’t eat the meal I had already prepared. Also, young children cannot serve themselves, so all day every day I was handling the food they were eating. That was rough. It wasn’t as much about temptations as it was about waiting for my meals. When I was eating, I was fine. But during the waiting periods, I wanted to snack on their food! I feel like the Reset would be so much easier for a single individual who lives on their own and only keeps the food on the Reset on hand.
Does the Ultimate Reset work without the supplements? Will I still lose weight?
- The purpose of the Reset is not to lose weight. That is just an added bonus for most people. It is a detox program. The supplements help to push toxins out of the body. They cleanse the organs and digestive track, allowing things to flow properly and the body to break down the foods you eat more effectively. So no, this program will not work without the supplements. However, the meals are excellent meals to eat in your day to day life to help sustain a healthy lifestyle!
Are you glad you did the Ultimate Reset?
- Absolutely! 100%. Without a doubt in my mind. I do not have a single regret and feel everything in the program was well worth it.
Are there any foods you cooked during the challenge that you plan to cook from now on?
- Yes! I loved the red pepper bisque. That is something I will continue to cook for my family. I will also make my own salad dressings using the recipes in the book as opposed to spending my money on that junk at the store. It’s cheaper, yummier, and healthier! I will probably eat more beets, as well, as that is something I never ate previously but enjoyed while on the Reset. Oh! And the zucchini-cashew soup. I loved that! And more. So yes, I will continue to eat those things.
- Pretty much everything I listed above. The meals that were most pleasing to me were the soups, sweet potatoes, and the roasted root medley.
Least favorite meals?
- The quinoa lentil pilaf and the coconut collard greens. Those are the only things I didn’t care for in the least bit and will never cook again.
How much weight did you lose?
- 13 pounds
How many inches did you lose?
- I only measured my waist on day 1. On day 21 my waist was 27.5 inches, down from 29. I have also lost a noticeable amount of inches in my thighs. My husband notices it, as well. My quads are much more noticeable now then they were 21 days ago.
Did you learn anything, or gain a stronger appreciation for anything from doing the Ultimate Reset?
- To my surprise, yes! I didn’t think there would be a whole lot I would take from the experience because I already eat really well as it is. However, I learned that I have a real passion for food. Before the reset I knew that I enjoyed baking. But, I kind of did it for the outcome. I liked the food that I baked and I enjoyed serving it. Spending so much time in the kitchen these past 21 days has taught me to slow down and enjoy the process. I previously hated to cook. It just didn’t please me in the way that baking does. But now, I love it! I love experimenting with foods and making it decorative. During the 21 days I really put focus on making sure my family had every food group. I wanted them to get their nutrition from a wide range of foods. Even with baking now, rather than just enjoying the outcome, I’m enjoying the process. I’m getting pleasure out of mixing, pouring, and perfecting. I know, it sounds crazy, but it’s true! I am more in love with my kitchen then ever! In fact, the Reset inspired me to finally take the leap and sign up for nutrition courses. I want to learn more about the power (and downfall) of food and create healthier versions of peoples’ favorite foods.
Would you do it again?
- Honestly, it would take a lot of thought and I mean a lot! I enjoyed the experience and got so much out of it. However, it is rough with a family. I would much rather have a choice of the healthy meals I serve. You spend a lot of time prepping food and reminding yourself why you are doing it. I kept telling myself, “you can eat ‘such and such’ it’s fine. You’re not trying to lose weight.” I had to constantly remind myself that it didn’t matter if I was trying to lose weight or not, or how healthy I previously was. It was about detoxing. Also, my sessions at the gym are intense, as are my home sessions. I missed that. You can’t workout for the 21 day period and that was rather difficult. I enjoyed the break, and it wasn’t something I ever thought about during the 21 days, but I enjoy the high that comes from kicking your own butt at the gym. So, I probably wouldn’t do it again, no, but I will certainly order the maintenance kit and continue to take the supplements every 6 months or so. Anyways, never say never, right?
Would you recommend it to friends and family?
- Yes! Absolutely! In fact, my aunt and her husband did it with me this go around. Unfortunately, I’ve seen some family members do “cleanses” that are not good for the body. They put too much strain on the body and do more harm than good. Beachbody doesn’t even refer to the Reset as a “cleanse” because that word has gotten such a bad rep. This program has been designed by a team of scientists, nutritionalists, health coaches, and more. It has been published in a medical journal. It has science behind it. It’s not just another cleanse on the market meant to scam people out of their money. That being said, I hope to one day buy the Reset as a gift for some of my family members. I highly recommend it and want my family to experience what I have experienced on this journey.
What was your favorite part about the Ultimate Reset?
- Trying new foods. For instance, Braggs Liquid Aminos. I will never buy soy sauce again. I always bought “low sodium” soy sauce even though I knew that it wasn’t any good for us. Braggs is a healthy alternative and it is delicious. Even my husband loves it!
Did you sleep better?
- Yes! I went from waking up 6-8 times a night, to waking up 1-2 times. I was able to go to sleep later and still wake up early feeling rested!
Did you feel more energized?
- I absolutely did! Looking back, the first week was a bit tiring. I had little energy and motivation. Once the second week hit, it was like a miracle. I have done more in the past two weeks than I have the entire year (which is crazy considering I was already doing so much!) All of the energy made me feel motivated and inspired and it was easier to keep up with everything on my schedule.
Did you experience any “Reset symptoms?”
- The Reset is a highly individualized program. Some people experience aches and pains, and others do not. I had a little bit of aching the first and second day, but nothing crazy. I didn’t experience any headaches. And also, I certainly experienced the “detoxing” in week two. You can read my previous posts to hear more about that, but I had emotional detoxing and I became obsessed with cleansing my surroundings (even more so than my usual OCD self!)
What was your first meal off of the Reset and are you worried about adjusting to certain foods again?
- Eggs, potatoes, and Shakeology! And no, I am not concerned with the adjustment. Like I said, I eat healthy as it is so I am not worried about foods reacting poorly with my body. Then again, I grew up with severe digestion issues, so I am already pretty aware of foods that upset my stomach. I am good at staying away from that stuff!
I want to do the Ultimate Reset! Where can I start?
- Contact me today or click here to read up on this program yourself!